Business Development Manager - Speciality Chemicals - South Wal
Are you a chemist with an interest or background in sales? Do you love your science yet want to use your skillset and knowledge to sell a service or product? This Business Development Manager opportunity is therefore definitely for you and will be field-based with regular travel back to a South Wales-based headquarters so you should have the ability to drive.
The Business Development Manager will cover the following responsibilities:
- Management of clients within a defined territory
- Marketing of the company's product and service range on-site and at conferences
- Building up an unbeatable knowledge of the marketplace and competitor offerings
- Liaison with other sales staff in the team
You will be a good fit for the Business Development Manager role with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a chemical science or similar
- Good knowledge of synthetic and analytical chemistry
- A track record of building relationships in a commercial setting
- Interest in the activities of the broader global speciality chemicals market
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.