XTX Markets Limited
XTX Markets is a leading quantitative-driven electronic market-maker partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income and Commodity markets. We provide consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices in the various assets classes we cover, regardless of changing market conditions.
We are a diverse organisation which attracts outstanding talent from across all industry backgrounds. We are focused on teamwork and our people collaborate on all aspects of the business, working openly and with respect for each other, our clients and the market. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
At XTX Markets technology is our business. Our competitiveness is determined by the collective intellectual power of our people who collaborate on solving the most interesting problems in financial technology. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one where everyone is valued.
Whether you are a computer programming or mathematics graduate, a website designer or an IT engineer – we have recruited and continue to recruit experts with a wide and eclectic array of skills. We are market leaders in what we do.
- The Financial Accountant reports directly to the Group Financial Controller.
- Primary focus is to safeguard the integrity of the financial ledgers of the firm, ensuring accuracy of financial transactions in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP and internal policy.
- Based in London, Kings Cross.
Responsibilities for the accounting and financial control for the firm’s regulated entities, based in the UK, US and EU.
This will include:
- Significant responsibility in the month end close process for the XTX regulated entities
- Accounting of the income statement and balance sheet, ensuring high degree of control and integrity around postings.
- Bank, intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analysis of the trial balance and ledger accounts, including variance and trend analysis and commentaries.
- Key liaison with external auditors for annual/interim audits and preparation of statutory financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP.
- Responsible for maintaining the architecture and reporting from the SAP ledger, Purchase Order system, related databases and banking platforms
- Preparation and communication of monthly MI required for prime brokers.
- Accounting and reconciliation of VAT liability.
- Taking ownership of the purchase order / expense management system.
- Help resolving accounts payable queries (as required).
- Management fee calculations and intercompany re-charges.
- Detailed cost analysis and reporting, with a focus on execution and clearing, technology and infrastructure, professional fees, T&E and office spend.
- Identify and execute automation into current processes and reporting, leading to more emphasis on reviewing and analysis rather than detailed manual processing.
- Regulatory capital reporting experience
- Strong Communication and organisation skills.
- Pro-active and able to prioritise to deadlines.
- Flexible, to pre-empt and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Can work independently and as a team player.
- Works efficiently in a pressurised environment.
- Calm, diplomatic and professional at all times.
- Willing to take responsibility.
- Provide cross coverage of teams workload.
- Confidently interfaces with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Keen attention to detail and control focus.
- Financial Services /banking experience required.
- Experience with multi-currency ledger required.
- Standard MS Office package and accounting software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Very strong academics, 1st class / distinction preferred
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA)
A competitive salary is on offer and applications are open from 28 November 2018 until 27 December 2018.
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly