Electrical / Mechanical Cross Skilled Engineer
- Full Time
Imerys Minerals Ltd. has the opportunity to appoint an Electrical/Mechanical Cross Skilled Engineer to be based at its plant at Cliffe Vale, Stoke-on-Trent.
Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our employees around the globe can thrive. We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution. If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
Our plant at Cliffe Vale services a variety of industries from the local ceramics industry, paper and paint industries to fiberglass producers, providing them with a range of milled powder and slurry manufactured from kaolin.
The successful applicant will support routine and breakdown maintenance on a range of process equipment supporting our production operations giving priority to all aspects of health, safety, environment and quality.
Applications are invited from applicants with the following:
- ability to work safely and promote the same culture to others.
- indentured electrical/mechanical engineering apprenticeship and/or cross skilled from
- electrical to mechanical or equivalent qualification.
- proven experience of providing routine and breakdown maintenance on a range of process equipment.
- experience of process instrumentation and control systems would be a distinct advantage.
- welding skills, whilst not essential, would be an advantage.
- are able to work in a team or unsupervised.
- have strong communication skills and are computer literate.
- have an understanding of mobile plant.
- demonstrate a willingness to undertake further training as and when required.
- hold a current driving licence.
The position is working Monday – Friday, 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week. There is also a requirement for the successful candidate to join an on-call rota for critical out of hours breakdowns.
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure.
Salary will be £24,925 to £27,131 depending on skills and experience.
Further enquiries to email@example.com
To apply please go click the apply button, go the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, find the vacancy (reference 01568).
The closing date for applications is 19th December 2018.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.
We will only contact shortlisted candidates.