Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in England. The charity helps people in and around Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer by funding innovative research and community health projects to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer across Yorkshire.
In Yorkshire, people are more likely to get cancer and to die from it than almost any other part of England. There are approximately 195,000 people in Yorkshire living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis and this number is set to rise to nearly 300,000 by 2030.
Since 2015 we’ve been working towards our goal of 2,000 fewer people dying of cancer every year in Yorkshire. We’re working in local communities, raising awareness of cancer symptoms, making sure people attend their screenings and investing in leading-edge cancer research.
Now, we’re looking for an Events Officer to join our Events team in Harrogate and support our events programme across Yorkshire.
- Salary of £23,000 - £25,000 DOE
- Private Healthcare
- Offices within walking distance of the station (free parking onsite or nearby if you’d prefer to drive)
- 25 days’ holiday
As our Events Officer, you will be part of the Events Team, reporting to the Events Manager. You will be tasked with delivering a range of events including a conference, sporting events, fundraising campaigns and third party events.
Your role will also involve:
- Planning, monitoring, developing, implementing and delivering events
- Researching and developing event proposals to grow the event portfolio
- Analysing events data
- Ensuring incident and risk assessments are completed to meet health and safety requirements
- Maximising fundraising from each event
- Building relationships with fundraisers, suppliers and third party event companies
- Ensuring accurate administration and record-keeping for all events
To be considered, you will need:
- Previous experience within events management
- A full driving licence
- At a minimum, a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an events, business or marketing related discipline
Knowledge or experience of working within a charity would be beneficial to your application, but this is by no means essential.
Other organisations may call this role Events Officer, Events Executive, Events Co-ordinator, Marketing Event Executive, Events Planner, Events Programme Officer, Campaign and Events Officer, Fundraising Events Officer or Charity Events Officer.
So, if you are seeking a challenge, looking to do some good with your career and eager to drive forwards your professional skills and experience, this is the role you’ve been waiting for. Join us, get involved and make a difference.
The closing date for applications is the 10th December 2018.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to help us drive change as our next Events Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.