£Excellent + Generous Benefits Package
Hours (alt weeks 8 – 4/9 – 5)
We are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join the friendly team of our well-known global client who deal with the manufacture and distribution of CO2. You will be a Transport Planner/Co-ordinator with excellent planning skills, a “can do” and flexible approach, who love working in a fast moving and demanding customer environment. If you are a Transport Professional, experienced in dealing with hauliers (sub-contracted) and drivers, with a passion for delivering excellent customer service you will be joining the company at an exciting time and can look forward to personal career progression. The company use their own specialised Pragas system for co-ordinating route planning, which links into SAP for invoicing and all associated admin duties. If you enjoy the experience of a challenge then please read on and apply!
Key Responsibilities – Transport Co-ordinator:
- Daily telephone contact with customers for enquiries, orders and complaints etc.
- Monitoring of telemetry at customer sites and arrange deliveries according to usage
- Create weekly order spreadsheets
- Create sales orders and print delivery notes where required (once Praboard is introduced delivery notes will no longer need to be printed
- Create sales invoices
- Create optimised delivery plan on a daily basis, allocating trailers for each customer order
- Liaise with haulier to arrange distribution by providing order plan through Pragas
- Monitor all emails for customer orders
- Produce reports, code and authorise purchase invoices and do any associated administration required
- E-mail delivered weights to customers where required
- Ensure despatch notes are available for haulier through Praboard (or manually when necessary)
- Monitor C02 stock levels at Tilbury, Wilton & Tees and liaise with shipping department to ensure required stock levels
- Update Pragas system with new customer and tank details
- Update Pragas system with trailer availability on a daily basis.
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Office experience. Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player and networker who enjoys developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Able to prioritise activities and manage own time effectively
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
Company benefits include 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Company Pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance and Life Assurance.
Apply for Transport Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly