Investment Professional, Healthcare via Kea Consultants
7 days left
- Full Time
Permira is an international private equity firm. The Permira funds, raised from pension funds and other institutions, make long-term investments in companies with the ambition of transforming their performance and driving sustainable growth.
Founded in 1985, the firm advises funds with a total committed capital of approximately €32 billion. Since 1985 the Permira funds have made over 200 private equity investments with a focus on driving transformation to build better businesses. The firm specialises in five key sectors: Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrials and Technology. The Permira funds’ portfolio currently comprises over 30 companies.
Permira employs over 150 professionals based in Frankfurt, Guernsey, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Menlo Park, Milan, New York, Paris, Seoul, Shanghai, Stockholm and Tokyo.
Role Overview – Investment Professional, Healthcare
As an Investment Professional within the London office, the successful candidate can expect to be actively involved in every stage of the investment process. This will include the initial review of the opportunity, due diligence and development of the value creation thesis, deal structuring and implementation and portfolio monitoring duties once an investment has been made.
Whilst the ultimate goal should be to develop a skill set commensurate with developing their long term career, the successful candidate should expect that initially their role is one of support to the team in London. As such, the successful candidate should focus upon exhibiting a high degree of attention to detail in all aspects of the role and in particular in financial and operational analysis.
A) Identifying and Analyzing Investment Opportunities:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry issues and outlook
- Research, analyse and evaluate opportunities within Healthcare sector
- Build and develop complex financial models to aide in the evaluation of investment opportunities (including testing assumptions and sensitivities)
- Work as part of the team to identify the key value creation levers and investment risks and compile the materials and analysis to support the investment case
- Attend and participate in Investment Committee discussions
- Play a key role in the diligence of the investment thesis and risks
- Assist with the overall deal execution
- Liaise with (and manage) third parties and professional advisors (financial, legal, consultants etc.)
C) Portfolio Monitoring:
- Monitor ongoing financial performance of portfolio companies
- Compile internal company performance and valuation reporting
- Assist in building and leveraging relationships that will assist in contributing to the strategy of the investment
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong charismatic presence
- A naturally confident networker with a strong ability to develop relationships
- Superior analytical skills and raw intellectual horsepower
- Excellent commercial awareness and business judgment. Highly numerate, attention to detail and the ability to explain and interpret data and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to build complex financial models in Excel and a high degree of competency with PowerPoint
- The candidate may or may not have existing sector knowledge; if not, a strategic and independent thinker with a thirst for knowledge around sector-specific trends
- Strong communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate in an articulate manner, logically and with confidence
- Ability to work constructively as part of an internal team and work closely with (and sometimes manage) third party advisors and partners
- High level of motivation, integrity, energy and enthusiasm
- Circa 2-3 years minimum experience within Tier 1 Consulting, Private Equity, or a Corporate/Group strategy role
- Prior medical or healthcare-related experience (e.g. Biotechnology degree, prior experience practicing medicine) is needed
The package, which will include a discretionary bonus, non-contributory pension and health insurance, will be highly competitive.
The closing date for applications will be 21st December 2018
Apply for Investment Professional, Healthcare via Kea Consultants
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly