Part-time Marketing And Events Executive
PART-TIME MEETING AND EVENTS EXECUTIVE - Telford - £24hrs per week
PERMANENT JOB - Part-time hours - £8 per hour
Our client based in Telford is looking for an experienced professional with experience within hospitality to oversee all the functions of the Meetings & Events operations.
You will have a professional and personable approach and have a genuine love for dealing with people and helping them to have the best customer experience.
- GCSE pass of C or above in both English and Maths
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel
- Good communicator, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Events and Hospitality Experience
- Administration skills and experience
- Health and Safety qualification
- Food Hygiene qualification
- Database Management experience
- Event Management/Wedding coordinator experience
- Ability to assist in developing budgets from information provided
- Tenacity to spot a sales opportunity and act on it
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing and issuing weekly function sheets
- Liaise with all operational departments to manage client requirements
- Diary management and attending daily and weekly meetings
- Managing internal poster site planogram
- Handling various enquiries efficiently
- Liaise with reservations on bedroom bookings for all conferences or weddings
- Research and identify new companies and follow through the leads to achieve maximum revenue for the hotels and communicate to the sales team
- Assist with achieving party booking targets
- Understanding of all equipment used in meeting rooms
- Liaising with Group Sales and event planners
- Cross selling any meeting and event space at the hotel
- Conduct site tours for customers and assist with their planning of events
- Assist with menu planning, food and beverage, table decorations etc.
- Arrange all details of events and meetings i. set up, staging, lighting etc.
- Meet and Greet with event organisers and oversee events
- Host weddings and parties to ensure a smooth start to the function and hand over to operations at the appropriate time
- Ensure efficient follow up of all enquiries and provisional bookings to ensure maximum selling of hotel space and to ensure any potential double bookings are highlighted to ensure correct business decisions are made.
- To check on guest satisfaction
Apply now via this advertisement for immediate consideration.