- Provide leadership, management and strategic direction to Flintshire site and Production Department, ensuring that products are manufactured and dispatched safely and reliably, meeting targets for quality, and driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Will be accountable for meeting budgetary targets, production and dispatch KPI’s, and ensuring that all operations are conducted safely, meeting FMC and statutory requirements for personal safety, process safety, health and environmental standards.
- Will be expected to provide technical leadership to the site, drive professional development of production department, and effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct reports will include three line managers (two production shifts and a warehouse/dispatch team), Project Leader and a Production Engineer.
- Will be deputy to Plant Manager, including acting on his/her behalf when not on site.
- Accountable for safety performance of site, including strict adherence to site safety policies and procedures, enthusiastic support for the Site’s safety programs, promotion of strong belief that the Site will be accident and injury-free, that all jobs can be performed safely, and that no job is worth doing that would risk the health, safety, or welfare of the plant employees or community, and compliance with the HSE/EA regulations and the FMC Process Safety Code
- Directly responsible for management of Production Department, including all formulation, filling, warehouse and dispatch operations on site. Will directly manage Line Managers who are responsible for hourly shift and day-work personnel. Will directly manage Production Engineer and Project Leader driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Will be a technical leader, able to effectively managing and developing a production engineer, drive technical and engineering knowledge through the Production Department, and competently review and approve technical and engineering changes.
- Ensures that cost management systems and cost improvement projects are in place and properly used in order to maintain a low cost, high efficiency, competitive position; responsible for management of Production budget including operational expenses, production variances
Candidates require the following:
- Experience in chemical manufacturing required; management experience including direction of hourly personnel preferred.
- Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing change as well as the ability to analyze and improve business processes.
- General working knowledge of plant engineering, quality assurance practices, safety and environmental management.
- Excellent listening, coaching and communication skills
- Knowledge in international safety regulations, familiar with process safety management systems, including MOC system, technical aspects of process safety, risk assessments.
The25 days holiday per annum, flexible benefits package, DC Pension scheme, private healthcare.
Please send CV by email to apply.