An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced dynamic Nursery Manager within our Watcombe Childrens Centre purpose-built nursery, due to the retirement of our present manager.
‘Watcombe Childrens Centre Nursery’ is in the grounds of Watcombe Primary School. We are a Community Interest Company that is a ‘not of profit’ organisation. We are not part of the school or SureStart and have our own registration. We are open 51 weeks of the year, from 07:30 – 18:00 weekdays. We have a 44-space nursery, with a fantastic large garden. Come rain or shine the children love our outside space.
The Nursery which opened in 2006 is seeking an experienced Nursery Manager that is organised, committed and skilled, and has a proven track record of delivering high quality care and staff retention.
As Nursery Manager you will be fully responsible for the operational management of the setting, and as such you will be a dynamic leader who can retain, develop and maximise the talent and experience of an already strong team. You will possess the ability to inspirationally lead the team towards attaining outstanding care and education in a state of the art purpose built setting that offers the very best indoor and outdoor facilities. You will need a proven track record in attaining Good or Outstanding OFSTED results under your direct management.
You will be experienced in managing the HR functions of the Nursery setting, from recruitment, and induction through to ongoing leadership and management including supervision, training, development and performance management.
Key to the role will be the ability and track record in managing a commercially successful Nursery businesses, ensuring that the setting is effectively marketed and promoted to attract clients to ensure continuous occupancy growth.
The Nursery Manager will be joining a Company that is 100% dedicated and passionate about offering the very best childcare and education. So, this is a unique opportunity to further your career.
The successful candidate will need to have a DBS (Disclosure and Baring Service), and this will be paid by the company if you haven’t already joined the Update Service. If you leave within 12 months then we will be entitled to deduct the cost of the DBS from your last month’s pay. As an employee you will be expected to join the Update Service and this will form part of your terms of contract.
What can we offer you?
· 35 hours per week
· Competitive Wage (between £20,020 and £22,750 dependant on qualifications and experience)
· 4 Weeks Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
· Subsidised Childcare
The successful candidate will be required to:
· Have a minimum NNEB, NVQ/CACHE level 3 or equivalent qualification
· Have been working in childcare for at least 5 years (Preferred)
· Have been working in a senior role for at least 2 years (Preferred)
· You will be expected to be aware of and comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework and to be able to demonstrate good knowledge of OFSTED Standards.
· Have a good, professional level of spoken and written English.
· Have a passion for children and childcare
· Have an understanding of HR, Health & Safety and Employment Law.
· Have a full understanding of safeguarding
· Create engaging learning environments.
· Be proactive, self-motivated and have an attention for detail.
· Build positive relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
A visit to the nursery is extremely welcomed and encouraged (by appointment only).
Please visit our website at wpscc.co.uk for more details on our nursery and have a look at our jobs blog for the Full Job Description / Specification and for an application form (Sorry CV’s will not be excepted).
For more details please call Nik or Mary on (01803) 316959
Closing date is Friday 4th January 2019