£Competitive (DOE) + Excellent bonus structure
Our prestigious client, with over 175 years trading experience and a nationwide network of branches, is seeking to strengthen their operation with the addition of an experienced Branch Manager. The branch network supplies timber and building materials to all parts of the construction industry. Your role as Branch Manager will be to contribute to the groups focus on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value!
As the Branch Manager you will be working from a traditional timber branch with a small range of building materials. The first floor of the branch also houses a doors and floors showroom. The ideal candidate will have good product knowledge, excellent sales ability and margin awareness to drive the branch forward and maximise profitability. If you’re a Branch Manager from a timber and building merchants background with proven experience of people management and excellent leadership skills could be for you!
Key Responsibilities – Branch Manager:
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales & profitability targets
- Create and carry out business plans to optimise growth and profitability
- Outstanding people management
- Assess your own and the team development needs to discuss with the area manager
- Fully accountable for delivering a consistently safe branch environment
- Continuously develop the customer experience at the branch
- Grow the business in adherence with the company mission statement
- Lead a customer driven sales culture, positioning the branch as the best local supplier of timber & building materials.
Branch Manager – Personal Specification:
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills
- A thorough understanding of all Company products and services
- First-class organisational skills
- Proven management experience within the timber and builders merchant industry
- An exceptional team leader and people manager
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Outstanding sales ability and margin awareness
- Valid UK Driving Licence
Tottenham is commutable from Watford, Enfield, Edgware, Ilford, Romford, Hertford, Harlow, Hatfield, North London and surrounding areas.