My client are one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers, are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join their busy team based in Telford.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Management Accountant will be responsible for implementing and maintaining product cost structures, producing meaningful cost variance analysis and developing detailed cost forecasts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Development and preparation of labour productivity reports, analysing and identifying key variances.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly stock and Cost of Sales journals.
- Completion of monthly stock balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Verification and recording of month-end inventory cut-off tests.
- Maintain and update rolling stock forecast, identifying variances to prior forecasts.
- Verification and updating in SAP of standard costs for materials, labour and overheads.
- Attend Engineering Change meetings and preparation of financial impact for change requests.
- Preparation and analysis of variances between actual and standard cost.
- Assisting with analysis of Contribution Margin against customer quotation, tracking movements and reconciling back to original business case.
- Collection and preparation of internal costs relating to Government Grants.
- Track internal costs against customer tooling projects.
- Assisting with reporting of the financial performance of Continuous Improvement projects.
- Assisting with the implementation of robust internal financial controls compliant with my clients minimum controls.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant.
Experience & Qualifications
- ACCA/CIMA Newly or Part Qualified.
- Manufacturing and/or Automotive sector experience
- Solid understanding and experience of product costing.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Experience of working within a strong Internal Control environment.
Although this role is office based, Plant conditions necessitate exposure to heat, cold, dust, hot objects, and loud noises within our manufacturing environment. Full Health and Safety training and PPE provided for all conditions.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly