6 days left
- Full Time
Salary: up to £29,500 (dependent on experience)
ParkerSteel is one of the largest steel stockholders & processors in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join our depot at Waterbeach.
This role will be responsible for the day to day running of the depot including material book-ins, ensuring picking accuracy and trace-ability within the warehouse, minor transport compliance for the team of drivers (full training will be given) and daily management of the team on site. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to study for their CPC as well as evolving the role to encompass more responsibilities. The role will work extremely closely with the Depots Manager and with colleagues across all of our sites.
• Proven experience in running a picking/sorting/packing operation in a managerial/supervisory role
• People management experience including dealing with disciplinary issues, absence management and mentoring
• Experience of transport management would be desirable
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to drive a team forward and motivate
• Ability to build relationships quickly
• Training and career progression
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance
• Employee discounts
• Perkbox membership