Central Project Management
Cambridge, Granta Park
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention. TWI’s Central Project Management (CPM) team provide project management services across TWI. CPM lead R&D projects for single clients and collaborative groups along with other projects as required. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Project Manager to enhance its capacity and competence in this area to deliver the portfolio of high profile projects and to support development of new opportunities.
Main responsibilities will include:
- The effective implementation of the project management process to ensure projects are delivered meeting time, cost and quality objectives.
- Management of high profile technical projects providing definition of requirements to the team, giving clear visibility to senior management and support to the Technology Group.
- Facilitation of tasks to meet objectives.
- Continuous improvement of the project management framework.
- Maintaining existing relationships internally and being the customer facing point of contact where required.
Success in your application requires:
- Experience/knowledge in project management and its continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work with minimum supervision.
- Aptitude for building business relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
- Effective team working skills.
- Experience of managing projects in a technical environment would be advantageous.
- PRINCE2 or APM qualification is desirable.
This role will require occasional short-term travel within the UK and overseas according to the demands of project work.
Job Profile: Project Leader/Senior Project Leader, Business Services
Business Position: Professional & Senior Business Support
Closing Date: 2nd January 2018
Contract: Permanent, Full time: 36 hours per week,
To apply, please click on the apply button.