Mechanical Technician (Printing) - Watford
A Mechanical Engineer is required to support the upkeep and maintenance of printing equipment and machinery in a large, modern printing plant.
This position is ideally suited to an experienced maintenance engineer with a background in industry, preferably but not essentially, the print industry.
You should be comfortable working as part of a maintenance team, bringing with you skills that complement the daily mechanical functions of the team, ensuring performance targets are met and operational efficiency is maximised.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
General Machine Maintenance with the addition of the following as required:
- Diagnosing faults, breakdown problems, troubleshooting all machinery and equipment
- Utilisation of the appropriate tools required to complete each task such as a lathe, milling machine, surface grinder and power tools
- Liaising with other engineering and production colleagues
- Ensuring there is continuous cover for the machinery in case of breakdowns
- Accountable for all mechanical equipment on site
- Working within Health & Safety policies and procedures and making improvements
- Support for the Planned Preventative Maintenance System
The Ideal Candidate
- Time Served Mechanical Engineer
- Proactive approach, displaying a can do / will do attitude
- Experience of working with pneumatics & hydraulics
- Experience of working in machine shop (lathe, miller, pillar drills etc)
- Experience of working in a manufacturing industry would be an advantage
- Work flexibly to support colleagues within both engineering and other departments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess detailed analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
- Qualified to HNC level or
- NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Apprenticeship served
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Production Engineering
Hours are usually 40 hours per week Monday to Friday during the day. Engineers are responsible for minimising downtime, which can sometimes mean working unsociable hours by being reactive to the needs of the business.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.