Support Worker – Learning Disabilities
Are you interested in a career that makes a difference? Our client is proud of their history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. They support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. They employ more than 1000 staff and are committed to their development. With our client you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
They are proud to be recruiting for Support Workers for their new Transforming Care Service in Hillingdon, Uxbridge.
They are on schedule to start to provide support to a young man, who until now hasn’t had all of the opportunities to live life to its fullest. They are creating a new team that will help Sam who has a great sense of humour and a lively and energetic personality to reconnect with the things he loves, as well as helping him discover new experiences in life. Sam has spent a number of years living in a restricted environment. This has meant that he has had very little chance to get out and do the things he enjoys doing like horse-riding, climbing and going on steam trains.
Sam is moving into a new house of his own in Hillingdon and our client is looking for a passionate and committed support workers to create the new 24hour support team they are building around him.
This is a really exciting opportunity, you will be part of a new support approach for our client starting with making a real difference to Sam’s life.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Able to motivate others and build their confidence to try new things, meet new people, and achieve great outcomes.
- Ability to make and maintain great relationships with others and someone who is able to help others make contacts and friendships
- An interest in outdoor activities such as cycling, swimming and enjoy long walks
- Ability to use a range of technology –internet, emails, databases, Microsoft office, excel, smart phone, iPad
- A proactive approach providing consistent hands-on support
- A requirement of the job role is to be physically fit to perform physical intervention techniques as physical intervention will be required
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Salary exchange scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- They will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. They are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and they welcome applications from all sections of the community. They guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email