Analyst - SB Investment Advisers (UK) via Kea Consultants
SB Investment Advisers is looking to add a Junior Associate to its Investment Team to support all aspects of the investment process. As part of a lean deal team, the Investment Associate will play an active role in diligencing, structuring, and financing transactions in the technology sector, as well as assist in monitoring portfolio companies. This professional will work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment with frequent opportunities to interact with the firm’s senior leadership.
• Research and recommend companies for SBIA to invest and acquire – focus on Chinese market
• Participate in corporate development project teams – including due diligence, deal negotiations and integration - and identify executive-level insights.
• Communicate results and insights with senior leaders (e.g., through live presentations and ongoing analysis/reports).
• Manage end-to-end analytical projects by quickly understanding context and developing structured analysis to reach alignment and provide guidance to senior stakeholders.
• Identify and educate other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments in Chinese market
• International travel required up to 25% of the time
Skills, qualifications and experience needed:
• Bachelor's degree required in Maths, Economics, Finance or a related subject from a top university (within the top 100 universities globally according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings)
• Fluent Mandarin Chinese language skills
• Experience as an Analyst in the Investment Banking Division of one of the leading, largest full-service investment banks
• Experience assisting in identifying, structuring, and negotiating strategic deals, mergers and acquisitions
• Experience conducting due diligence on companies in the TMT (technology, media and telecommunications) sector
• Extensive experience working on deals in the TMT (technology, media and telecommunications) sector. Must have worked on at least 3 separate deals
• Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills
• Driven, self-starter with a passion for excellence
• Deep analytical, research and technical skills. Extensive experience in financial modelling.
Salary details: Competitive basic salary, annual target bonus, plus a benefits package
Closing date for applications is 12th December 2018.