Transport Route Planner / Logistics Coordinator
Job Title: Transport route planner / Coordinator
Location: Rainham, Essex
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a result of ongoing growth and expansion the Company, a leading UK steel stockholder and reinforcement fabricator requires a Transport route planner/Coordinator to work at our head office based in Rainham, Essex.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport route planner/ Coordinator to join the business in Rainham where they specialise in reinforcing bar fabrication along with the supply of reinforcement and other steel products.
- Working alongside the transport manager planning for multi drop deliveries for a mixed fleet of arctic and rigid vehicles
- Create daily routes for each vehicle, keeping in touch with drivers throughout the day and dealing with problems
- Coordinating between sales and production
- Liaise with the customer in relation to booking times and references also delays and possible issues with deliveries
- Cost effective routing of vehicles to maximise fuel/mileage efficiency and minimise overtime working
- Ensuring that the maximum workloads distributed to each driver can be completed safely and to high standards for duty of care
- Full compliance with company policies, standards and legal regulations, Reference road haulage operations and health and safety at work regulations
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Experience in fleet or transport services
- Knowledge of driver's hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- CPC (would be advantageous but not essential)
- Good knowledge of London and the home counties
- Ambitious, hardworking, driven and self-motivated with a desire to learn and succeed with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Confident in developing relationships with sites and customers with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication with accuracy and attention to detail is key
What They Offer In Return:
- A competitive salary
- Promotion and career development opportunities
- Training, mentoring and support
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 after 5 year's service
- Staff canteen
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience and previous titles of: Logistics Manager, Distribution Controller, Transport Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Transport Supervisor, Transport Planner, Supply Chain Controller, Transport Coordinator, Shipment and Logistics Planner, Distribution Coordinator, Transport Operations Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator may also be considered for this role.