Resources and Project Development Lead
Resources and Project Development Lead
Trigonos is a not-for-profit social business that seeks to combine social, economic and cultural objectives in the provision of resources and hospitality for a variety of visiting groups.
The company is introducing a new management system through the creation of a three-person Leadership Team working to clearly defined portfolios:
- Communications & Business Development
- Hospitality & Team Development
- Resources & Project Development
All three posts are working to new job descriptions but two of the three will be transferring from existing posts with the Resources post seeking a newcomer.
The core role of the Resources & Project Development Lead is to secure the best management & use of all Trigonos resources (money, buildings, land etc.). Working closely with the other two members of the Leadership Team, the person in this post will also be responsible for the development of new programmes and projects that align with and support Trigonos’s core values and development priorities.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Business Planning and Reporting. Developing and implementing a planning and reporting process that supports our objectives, both financial and values-based
- Capital Programmes and Revenue Projects. Identifying capital programmes and projects proposals in line with our purposes, carrying out viability assessments and making recommendations to the directors.
- Implementation of Approved Capital Programmes and Projects. Responsibility from identifying the resources required through to the completion of the project
- Financial Management. Ensuring effective and accountable day-to-day financial management, monitoring and reporting
- Compliance with Regulations. Ensuring that compliance programmes are fulfilled and maintained. This is in conjunction with other team members who have specific responsibilities and includes financial transfer systems, statutory returns, Data Protection, Health & Safety, Fire Protection and Employment Practices
- Maintenance of Premises and grounds. Ensuring adequate maintenance of buildings and immediately surrounding land through supervision of the in-house team and external contractors
- Planning the Future of the Agricultural Land. Our land is an essential part of the whole Trigonos enterprise: Woodlands, open fields and horticultural work. Reviewing and planning its future will be an important task and will involve recruiting assistance and support from external sources.
LEADERSHIP TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
Trigonos is a seven day a week operation with responsibilities that may arise at any time. It is essential that some key tasks are shared between team members to provide full cover as necessary.
The Leadership Team shares responsibility for ensuring that Trigonos meets all required standards (compliance) and will work as a team and meet regularly to:
- Ensure that the various areas of work are functioning well and in an integrated way
- Review any significant challenges and adjusting responsibilities / approaches where necessary
- Review income and expenditure against targets
- Agree reports to the Board of Directors as required
- Set and maintain standards and ensure compliance is achieved where required
- Act as New Arrivals Host when necessary
- Make arrangements to cover for each other when necessary
- Ensure out-of-hours cover (to be further explored and agreed and, probably, shared more widely)
Lines of Accountability
The post currently carries responsibility for the following posts:
- a finance worker
- the maintenance land workers.
As with the other members of the Leadership Team, this post is accountable to the Board of Directors. Day-to-day accountability is to a nominated Director.
Terms & Conditions
The hours and salary for this post are open to discussion and we will consider people interested in a part-time or a full-time role. The nature of our work requires the post holder to be flexible in their working hours, including some evening or week-end work.
The remuneration will be in line with our wish to create an organisation and way of working that focuses on opportunities for all team members to grow in their role, a minimal hierarchy in the way we work and having as low a differential between the highest paid and the lowest paid member of the team as is reasonable.
Qualifications & Experience
We welcome enquiries and applications from people from a wide range of backgrounds and are do not seek any specific qualifications.
Essential experience includes:
- financial management and reporting
- project management and development
- meeting the key statutory requirements that apply to a small business
- working with a range of key tasks and prioritising accordingly
The successful candidate will:
- have a strong interest in working in a not-for-profit social business
- Be supportive of the purpose and values underpinning
- Be able to work co-operatively with other members of the leadership team
Application is by letter or email:
- outlining your experience and its relevance to this post
- why the post is of interest to you
- giving contact details for two referees
If you would like to discuss the post informally or to visit Trigonos before deciding whether to apply please call Richard on 01286 882388.
Closing date for applications: 21st December 2018
Interviews for short-listed applicants: 7th January 2019
Start date on or soon after: 31st January 2019
Email to: email@example.com