£9.25 per hour, 40 hours per week
Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you’ll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.
About Broughton House
Broughton House is a 29 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration.
• Liaise with the Hospital Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available
• Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for maintaining and managing the food budget
• Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual Clients
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
• Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required
We are looking people who have:
• NVQ2 or equivalent or evidence of the same experience in catering
• Basic Food / Hygiene Certificate
• Knowledge of dietary requirements (ie Halal/diabetic/vegan)
• Knowledge of nutrition
• Ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets
Why join us?
In return we offer many benefits which include: training on site, paid DBS, pension scheme, staff uniform, free meals and childcare vouchers. We also offer the cycle to work scheme and free parking on site.
Please note – this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as you will be in contact with vulnerable adults. Therefore all candidates invited for interview will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and any offer of employment is subject to successful clearance.
If you are looking for a truly rewarding career with great prospects then we would love to hear from you, click on the link below to apply.