Risk & Insurance Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Risk & Insurance Manager
The Risk and Insurance team sit as part of the larger Finance team and supports Ofcom's board and executive in ensuring robust risk and security management is in place.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Risk & Insurance Manager leads a team of two specialists (Information Security Manager and Health & Safety Manager) and is responsible for overseeing Ofcom’s risk management framework. The role offers a broad set of responsibilities which includes oversight of the operational risk framework, the information security management system, the health & safety framework, crisis management and business continuity, and personal and physical security. You’ll also ensure that Ofcom’s commercial insurance programme is managed effectively and meets the needs of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly risk aware organisation and to drive the evolution of the risk management framework.
Requirements of the Role
- Oversee the risk management framework within the organisation, ensuring that it is proportionate to the needs of the business and forms an integral part of the internal control and decision-making environment, whilst continuing to reflect good practice from both the public and private sectors.
- Champion the risk management process throughout the organisation, working closely with projects and teams as well as senior managers to further embed the process.
- Work with the Executive and the Board to maintain Ofcom’s risk appetite statement and with the wider organisation to ensure that the consideration of risk appetite informs the decision-making process.
- Act as the subject matter expert for risk management
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partners to oversee the management of risk at Group level.
- Facilitate risk management workshops and deliver risk management/appetite training sessions.
- Maintain and deliver a suite of risk reports targeted across the organisation, including the Board, the Risk & Audit Committee and the Policy and Management Board.
- Engage effectively with the internal audit team and the National Audit Office.
- Attend related Ofcom Committees to provide risk management input as required.
- Represent Ofcom at external bodies as required e.g. Regulators Risk Managers’ Forum, UK Regulators’ Network.
Information Security Management System
- Work with the Information Security Manager to ensure that Ofcom’s Information Security Management System meets the needs of the business, is aligned with ISO 27001 and other government frameworks as required.
- Maintain oversight of the information security control framework to ensure that it reflects the statement of applicability.
- Support the Information Security Manager in the evolution of the information security management system.
Health & Safety Management System
- Work with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure that Ofcom’s H&S framework is aligned with good practice and reflects the risk profile of the organisation.
- Ensure that the H&S framework enables and supports Ofcom’s transition to agile working.
- Manage Ofcom’s commercial insurance programme i.e. Employers’ and Public Liability, Property Damage, Business Interruption, Motor Fleet, Business Travel, Crime, Drone and Pension Trustee Liability.
- Ensure that the insurance programme continues to meet the needs of the organisation, whilst delivering value for money.
- Liaise with Ofcom’s insurance broker regarding the day to day management of the insurance programme.
- Lead the annual renewal process, working closely with Ofcom’s insurance broker and the Commercial Team if required.
- Oversee the process for appointing Ofcom’s insurance broker.
- Act as a single point of contact and subject matter expert for the organisation
- Oversee Ofcom’s crisis management and business continuity plans to ensure that they reflect the needs of the business and good practice.
- Work with the Head of Property and Facilities to ensure that physical/personal security arrangements are appropriate and consistent with the risk tolerance of the organisation.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Ofcom’s Counter Fraud Policy and Fraud Response Plan, Anti-Bribery Policy and Whistleblowing Policy are aligned with the needs of the organisation, comply with legislation and reflect good practice.
- Support the Commercial Team in the drafting of Terms and Conditions, particularly in respect of indemnities and insurance requirements.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A proven, credible track record, within a risk management or internal audit environment.
- An understanding of how to integrate risk management into the decision-making process at all levels of an organisation.
- A demonstrated ability to engage effectively at all levels across the organisation including Non-Executives, Executives and Senior Managers.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Familiarity with good practice risk reporting across an organisation.
- Application of risk maturity models (e.g. the HM Treasury Risk Management Assessment Framework) to drive process improvement.
- Familiarisation with relevant standards including ISO 27001, ISO 45001, HSG 65
- Graduate level or equivalent.
- A risk management qualification e.g. IRM, FERMA or university equivalent.
This role is available on a full or part time basis.
To apply for the role of Risk & Insurance Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Risk & Insurance Manager, Regulatory Manager, Internal Audit Manager, Audit Manager, Risk & Compliance Manager, Regulatory & Compliance Manager.