Supported Housing Officer
Supported Housing Officer
Salary: £24,317 p/annum
Temporary 6 Months | Full-time 37 hours p/week
Closing Dates: Tuesday 20 November 2018
Interviews being held on the 30th November
Together Housing is a leading Housing Association, which improves the lives of thousands across the North of England. We are looking for a motivated, committed individual who is able to provide support that includes buildings management, tenancy management and supporting our retirement living schemes. This role will be based within our Calderdale region, working with the wider team. If you are interested in joining a business which is growing & moving forward – then read on.
We require someone with experience of dealing with a wide range of housing management duties, in particular:
- Allocation of accommodation
- Management of voids
- Facilities management
Following the Grenfell disaster there has been an increase in fire safety works at our retirement living schemes/properties. The successful post holder will ensure that we remain compliant at each of our schemes, undertaking checks and overseeing works as required.
Within our schemes, we have a range of existing and potential customers with varying levels of support needs, some with quite complex needs, which brings with it its own challenges. The successful candidate will also therefore need to have the necessary key skills, knowledge & experience to deal with;
- Mental Capacity
- Anti-social behaviour
- Breaches of tenancy agreements
- You will be required to have a running knowledge of supported housing and the range of needs that supported housing residents may have.
- You will need to have knowledge of best practice in housing management, more specifically within a supported housing setting
- The ideal candidate will also hold a recognised Housing qualification
The Supported Housing Officer post will be based out of Calderdale, Yorkshire
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required, along with access to your own vehicle insured for business purposes; with travel to our other offices throughout the North of England to be expected.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- OR Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org