Maintenance Manager / Senior Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday, 25th November 2018
Located in the heart of Bristol's Harbourside, the company are one of the South-West's premier animal attractions. This iconic aquarium is home to around 4000 individual animals in over 40 displays, all situated on two floors and throughout a glasshouse showcasing a raised walkway which winds through an extensive botanical collection.
Their Aquarium is part of worldwide leisure company, a Spanish multinational company with its headquarters based in Madrid. They and operates over 65 leisure attractions across Europe, 10 of which are located in the UK.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for you to become part of the successful management team operating this unique attraction as a Maintenance Manager. Reporting to the General Manager you will ensure that the aquarium is presented to the highest standard, kept in good working order and is safe for staff and customers. The responsibilities of this position will be varied, challenging, but extremely rewarding.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To control all health and safety standards within the department and ensure the attraction is safe for customers and staff particularly when maintenance work is being carried out.
- To monitor, maintain and control the aquarium's water management systems
- To ensure all internal and external facilities are in good working order on a day to day basis and fulfil the requirements of the PPM schedule
- To co-ordinate activities of contractors ensuring work is completed to schedule and within budget
- To manage the maintenance budget and PPM schedule
- To provide an emergency call-out service
- To assist with the day-to-day management of the aquarium taking on duty management responsibilities on a rota'd basis.
- To monitor utility usage and advise and implement 'green' solutions having a regard for conservation and the environment
This is full time post working on a rota'd basis which includes regular weekends and bank holidays.
A qualification or a completed apprenticeship in both electrical and plumbing would be an advantage. Experience within the leisure attraction/aquarium industry would also be a distinct advantage as would a qualification in IOSH Managing Safely, although not essential as training will be provided.
You will be expected to be very personable and able to communicate well with the visitors.
This is a hands-on role and therefore applicants must be in good physical health as the role will include physical activity on a regular basis such as lifting, carrying and general maintenance/manual work.
Applicants must hold a full, valid UK drivers license. For call-out purposes, you must live within a 45 minutes drive-time of the aquarium.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Maintenance, Facilities operator, Facilities Manager, General Handy person, General Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Manager, Commercial Maintenance, Site Development Manager, Building Manager, Site Manager, Building Services Manager will also be considered for this role.