Application and Database Administrator
Job Title: Application and Database Administrator
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a leading Software and Data Services provider working within the finance sector and is growing at an exponential rate. As a result, of this they are looking to increase their internal IT team to support both the internal users and external client virtual and physical infrastructures. The company invests heavily into their IT department and keep up with the latest technologies. There will be plenty of opportunities to progress and develop your skills. There is a friendly atmosphere and good working environment. They will invest in you as a person and you will the opportunity to gain additional certifications.
They are now looking for an Application and Database Administrator in their Guildford office to assist in the maintenance and administration of their application environments and databases. You be responsible for the deployment of product upgrades hosted both internally and externally. You will also be required to create and maintain procedural support and deployment documentation. You must be able to carry out database administration tasks including backup and restore of SQL Server databases as well as write and run basic SQL queries.
- To provide both remote and on-site support to our internal and external customers, resolving business application problems within SLA
- Deployment of new functionality and the upgrade of all product environments, both internally and on remote sites
- Writing SQL queries to assist in the successful resolution of product issues
- Documenting processes in line with ISO 9001, 27001
- Backup and restore SQL Server databases
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve Application issues
- Other DBA tasks and responsibilities
Key Skills and experience:
- Experience of supporting a web based software application. SQL Query writing and document writing skills. Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above, MS Office
- Proactive, Good Analytical skills, Able to work to deadlines, Able to prioritise own work, Excellent communication skills, Flexible, Able to work as part of a team and some out of hours work required.
- JIRA, IIS 7 and above
- Experience within a Pensions environment
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Data Administrator, DBA, CRM Administrator, Helpdesk Support Analyst, Data Support Administrator, IT Administration, Application Support Engineer, Managed Services Consultant and Application Management may also be considered for this role.