Senior Science Technician
3 days left
- Full Time
New College Leicester is looking for a Senior Science Technician to develop, manage, organise and co-ordinate the physical and human resources used to support science teaching.
- Manage all resources within the Science Faculty
- Designate classes, tasks and responsibilities to assigned technician staff
- Oversee and account for any apparatus/equipment, laboratory services, facilities etc.
- Monitor stock levels & order new and replacement materials/equipment
- Prepare and set up equipment, apparatus, materials, solutions and stationery for use
- Retrieve and clear away apparatus after classes
- Dispose of waste laboratory materials and spillages in accordance with guidelines
You will need:
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Good IT skills & ability to use science peripheral equipment
- High awareness and knowledge of Health and Safety, COSSHH & CLEAPS
- Ability to supervise staff with less experience
Working hours: The post is for 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term-time).
If interested please click apply to fill in an application form.