PCB Design Engineer / Printed Circuit Board Engineer
Job Title: PCB Design Engineer
Location: Shipley, West Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The Company are seeking key individuals to join the existing test teams engaged in the production of advanced electronics systems and integrated end to end RF & microwave solutions for the Defence, Space and Security markets.
Purpose of the role:
To take outline design information and applying practical methods and theory, transform it into a design fit for purpose using Altium (Electronic Design Software).
To carry out analogue / digital / RF design from concept to final PCB layout.
To manage the outsourcing of designs to external subcontractors if required.
Working closely with the Electronic & RF Design Engineers to achieve the correct engineering solution for the design requirements.
- To work as part of a design team taking responsibility for the circuit design
- To provide data packages for the development of new products through to production in conjunction with timescales set by the program / production
- To ensure a high quality of accurate layouts are created by thoroughly checking own work and that of others (Engineers)
- To continuously develop and improve product development
- Ensure that all TD procedures are followed
- Customer and Supplier liaison
- To produce PCB layout's from Engineering requirements to IPC Standards using Altium
- To continuously develop and improve PCB product development process
- Create library parts from component data sheets and maintain library database
- Ensure that all PCB designs are delivered on time and to planned cost
- To aid mechanical verification and for new and existing products
- To ensure design for manufacture is applied throughout the project
- Consider cost implications of designs and processes ensuring that products can be manufactured in the most cost effective manner
- To design, produce and update Manufacturing Data Package ensuring that products are suitable for production
- To attend and contribute to design, project and process improvement meetings
- To apply IPC standards and engineering best practice to design products for manufacturing, questioning design standards by suggesting cost effective, easier and improved solutions
- Work with the Board Manufacturers and Board Assemblers during the development and manufacturing phases
- Prepare documentation for and attend design reviews
- Ensure procedures for the creation, storage and distribution of data are followed
- To react to change notes from Configuration Control, updating layouts in accordance with data provided and amending errors of own and others
- Foster and maintain good Customer and Supplier relations
- Ensure the part creation of all components relating to the circuit design
- Altium Design Software
- 3D Autodesk Inventor
- 2D Autocad
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with experience of: Electronic Design Automation, Electronics Engineer, Programming Electronics Engineer, Programming, Firmware Development, Hardware Developer, Engineering Designer, Product Development Engineer, PCB Technician, PCB Development Technician, Design Engineer, Application Engineer, CAD Engineer, Design Improvement Engineer and AutoCAD Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for PCB Design Engineer / Printed Circuit Board Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly