Senior Technician - Technology
Senior Technician - Technology
London, W3 (office/field based, covering London)
Our client is the market leader in the short-term technology rental market in Australia with a strong market presence in the UK and Ireland. Commencing in the UK in 1997, they deliver top brand equipment at competitive prices through a passionate, client focused sales and service team.
As an iconic and profitable B2B business with strong growth and zero debt they are often the first ones to showcase new and emerging technologies - this is a Company for lovers of technology and the events industry
They are now seeking a Senior Technician to join their teams working delivering outstanding IT and AV solutions to clients.
Our client has an opportunity for a skilled Senior IT & AV Technician / Installer to join the Hire Intelligence team in Acton, London. Reporting to the onsite National Technical Manager, this is the right role for a candidate who is not only technically minded with strong team leadership skills, but who loves to get out of the office and in the field connecting with clients.
Key Role Requirements
- Completely and effectively action client orders from rental paperwork, equipment preparation, deliveries, collections, installation and networking
- Providing ongoing support both in person and over the phone to our clients with maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting requirements
- Asset management – conducting in house upgrades, repairs and preventive maintenance, plus coordinating warranty claims
- Manage equipment returns at the end of the rental period
- Maintain the in-house Image Server to a high level of functionality and availability
- Monthly Operation Reports
The position will require after-hours, on-call and weekend work from time to time for which you will be rewarded.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least two years’ experience with one employer within the last six years
- Strong client relationship skills with the ability to provide our clients with outstanding service delivery
- Outstanding communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- The physical ability to mount panels to exhibition stand walls and on floor stands
- The ability to maintain a valid driving licence and a good driving record
- A capability for warehousing and manual handling experience
Strong Technical capabilities must include:
- The ability to work with diverse technologies from desktops, servers, workstations, notebooks, printers, copiers as well as monitors, projectors, video walls, to wireless mics, PA systems, smart phones and VR
- Sound technical knowledge of AV & IT hardware & Microsoft software
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills both in person and over the phone
- TCP/IP networking, wireless and other technologies
- Diagnosing/fixing Windows 7 & 10, MS Office and general Windows application support
- Wireless mic setups, video walls and other audio and visual technologies
The ideal person for this role would be someone who:
- Is passionate about providing high level technical support to team members and clients
- Enjoys a diverse technical role with the opportunity to work with the latest technologies
- Is a friendly person with a strong professional presentation
- Prefers to work independently and in charge of their responsibilities.
- Has a knack for details, planning and organisation
- Is gifted in solving problems
- Excels in conveying technical issues to non-technical users both verbally or in writing
- Enjoys going above and beyond the call of duty to exceed client expectations
- Is highly adaptable to changing work requirements
*To be successful, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of claimed qualifications or experience and currently be able to work in the United Kingdom*
The interview process is likely to be multi-staged.
To apply for the role of Senior Technician (Technology), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Technician, Technology, IT Support Technician, IT & AV Support Engineer, Senior IT Technician, Senior IT & AV Technician, Senior IT & AV Engineer, Senior IT Engineer.