Marketing & Events Administrator
We require a fantastic administrator to support the organisation and co-ordination of the ERDF Funded 'Future Focus' events, to ensure that our guests enjoy a superb experience each time they attend.
Based at Cornwall College, Camborne in the Unlocking Potential offices, you will work alongside and help the marketing and events team to plan and organise to tight deadlines, keep an eye on the most intricate details and coordinate all the people involved. You will undertake reporting and manage clients' data so that the wider team can maximise client engagement. You will also support with general marketing activity as required.
In this role, having the right can-do attitude and a positive approach is more important than experience as full training can be given; it would suit someone interested to develop their career in marketing and events.
Applicants must have
- Previous experience of events organisation, preferably for a business audience
- Experience of administration and accurate data input
- Fantastic telephone manner and interpersonal skills; ability to liaise politely and effectively with a broad range of people from celebrity speakers, business leaders to caterers and venue staff
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to think on your feet, and be resourceful especially in pressure situations such as at events
- Experience of and willingness to muck in as part of a larger team to get the job done
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good attention to detail with a desire to achieve high quality outcomes
- An ability to work as a fully contributing member of the team, whilst at the same time being self-motivating and self-reliant
n.b. For a full list of requirements, please see the job description.
Unlocking Potential has the enviable reputation of successfully delivering high quality services through a team of enthusiastic, dedicated staff who work hard to unlock the potential of people and business. Our people are our most important asset, so to join our dynamic, hardworking, passionate and friendly team, you will need to demonstrate that you are approachable, client focussed and a team player. You will be someone who thrives on change, loves a challenge, respects others and truly takes pride in doing your best. Whoever joins us will need to live and breathe our organisational values of Can do, Receptive, Enthusiastic, Authentic, Team Spirited and Empowering.
Other Application Details
The full job description can be found on the Cornwall College Jobs website.
This role is fixed term until 31st October 2019 in the first instance.
Applications must be submitted through the Cornwall College website.