Contract: Part time, fixed term, 14 hours a week, Thursday and Friday
Contract Length: 6 Months
Salary: £23,500-£29,400 FTE
What it’s about
We are looking for a Group Administrator for two dynamic and friendly teams of Assessment Specialists (Languages and Arts subjects) based in the Assessment Division. You will be an experienced Administrator who can prioritise your own workload and work both on your own and collaboratively with others. This job share role is an opportunity to use your skills as an Administrator to ensure the smooth running of the two teams. You will be part of a team of Administrators, each of whom supports a particular subject group in the Assessment Division.
What you’ll be doing
The post holder will provide administrative support to the group including:
- Responding to telephone calls and emails from Examiners and customers
- Arranging contracts, invoices, requisitions and payments for services and goods
- Proofreading a variety of written and on-line materials
- Making bookings (e.g. rooms, car hire, travel arrangements)
- Preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Preparing documents and complex spreadsheets
- Maintaining a central collection of documents
- Documenting new procedures
What we’re looking for
Applicants should have a good general education to A Level or beyond or have equivalent experience.
- fluency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- accurate, clear written and spoken English
- attention to detail
- good telephone manner
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- ability to multitask and prioritise
- good interpersonal skills
- A good team player
- Adaptable – able to respond positively to changing situations.
- Sensitive to different cultural backgrounds
- Inquisitive, open-minded and seeks learning opportunities.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25/11/2018 and interviews will be held on 11/12/18 - 12/12/18.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER