ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Shoreham operation. You will be working on a continuous shift pattern of 4 days on (0700-1900)/ 4 days off/ 4 nights on (1900-0700)/ 4 nights off including weekends and bank holidays.
Warehouseperson/Production Operative on Shift Team’s duties may include:
- Picking of material to the Automated Production Line via Overhead Gantry Crane
- Maintain the Stock Yard in a clean, tidy and safe manner
- Packing, Stacking and Labelling of completed Processed Material
- Loading and Unloading of both Parker Steel and Supplier Trailers via Overhead Gantry Crane
- Movement of Both Stock and Processed material via Plant
- Monitoring both the Processing and the Quality of material Passing through and produced by the Automated Line
The successful applicant must be willing to work fast, be reliable and have a can do attitude. The role requires dedicated team working. The applicant must be a good team player and also have the initiative to work alone and follow instructions when needed.
• Previous warehouse experience preferred but not essential as full training will be given
• Overhead crane with sling & lifting certification although training will be given
• Fork lift and sideloader license is desirable although training will be given