SAP Product Functional Consultant
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a SAP Product Functional Consultant to join the team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract ending July 2019. In return, we are offering a competitive salary of £40,000 - £48,000 per annum plus benefits.
Cambridge University Press (CUP) is part of the University of Cambridge. Our mission is to unlock people's potential with the best learning and research solutions. Playing a leading role in today's global market place, we have over 50 offices around the globe, and we distribute our products to nearly every country in the world.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the SAP Product Functional Consultant:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
We are currently seeking a SAP Product Functional Consultant to join our SAP rollout project based in Cambridge. The purpose of this role is to assist with the rollout of an existing central SAP system across an overseas branch that currently has a varied set of legacy systems.
This position is offered on a fixed-term contract ending July 2019. As the role is working with our Australia branch with different operating hours to the UK, this role will suit a candidate who enjoys early starts to the working day. The role is primarily based in the Cambridge office with flexibility to work from home 1 day a week depending upon the project phase. There is no requirement to travel.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Use consulting, analytic skills and information gathering techniques to gain an understanding of the business requirements, recommend SAP functional solutions within, and around, the Materials Management module and deliver the documentation necessary for the realisation of the changes
- Make solutions compatible with previous solution designs within CUP, compatible with other SAP module designs and leverage SAP standard functionality as much as is reasonable
- Work in a project environment as part of the team of Functional Consultants, with support from Solution Owners and Architect colleagues
- Partner representatives of other applications ensuring that data flow and integration is considered and delivered end-to-end
- Offer advice on data cleansing and support data migration activities
- Create high-quality documentation
- Perform unit testing, system integration testing and support business users with user acceptance testing in later phases
- Lead the knowledge transfer work for your area to the Business-as-Usual team so these colleagues are able to understand and support your designs efficiently and effectively
Skills and experience required to become our SAP Product Functional Consultant:
- Strong background in SAP functional design across a range of organisations and experience of SAP implementation lifecycles
- Experience in Media, IS-Media and/or the publishing industry would be beneficial but not necessary
- Experience with the SAP ASAP methodology
- Proven track-record of communicating your ideas to business stakeholders, project management and to SAP developers leveraging excellent inter-personal and documentation skills
- Able to work well as a team and be a great team player
The world is changing fast and how we learn is changing. Help us connect our customers to the best academic and learning content, faster and easier. Help them unlock their potential.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our SAP Product Functional Consultant.