SAP Solution Architect
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a SAP Solution Architect to join the team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of circa £67,000 per annum plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publishers, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the SAP Solution Architect:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
We are currently seeking a SAP Solution Architect to join our IT Architecture team based in Cambridge. The purpose of this role is to assist with the rollout of an existing central SAP system across 8 countries around the world which have a varied set of legacy systems.
Using consulting and analytic skills and information gathering techniques, you will investigate business process, logical and physical solution architectures in local branch offices and map how they will change when local business processes are migrated to the global solution.
You will create high quality technical reports / documentation and promote cooperation between the various IT and business stakeholders. You will also be expected to assist the Chief Architect with the implementation of the roadmap of strategically recommended system changes and support application software development by collaborating with the software development teams.
The position is offered on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
Skills and experience required to become our SAP Solution Architect:
- Previously worked within a similar role with strong SAP experience
- Skills in data modelling, data analysis and business analysis
- Experience with finance, physical fulfilment (warehouses), customer services and manufacturing is preferred
- Highly organised, you will have the ability to document processes, procedures and solutions clearly, concisely and for a range of target audiences
- Comfortable capturing and communicating strategic requirements from senior business users as well as modelling/reviewing the technical designs
- Experience of a broad array of different technologies, preferably including service-oriented and cloud approaches and an understanding of TOGAF methodology
- Experience of working within a book or journal publishing environment also would be advantageous but not necessary
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our SAP Solution Architect.