Senior Residential Support Worker
Are you passionate and hardworking?
Can you motivate young people and prioritise there needs?
This role requires a high level of patience and understanding working with children aged 8 -17 years with emotional and challenging behaviours.
My client is looking for a dedicated organised individual who can lead a shift and take the initiative to work well independently as well as working well with other members of staff and young people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encouraging and supporting a lifestyle which facilitates spiritual, physical, psychological, cultural and social needs of the young person
- Implementing and developing young people’s care plans, risk assessments and key working programmes. These care plans must be amended and updated when necessary
- Providing adequate supervision to junior staff members, and having a good working knowledge of NMS and care home regulations
- Providing a needs-led service in line with the statement of purpose
- Ensuring that documents such as Ofsted notifications, incident reports etc. are completed and accurate
- Contributing to the development of the team
- Writing notes and basic reports
- To work shifts including some night work/sleep-ins
- NVQ Level 3 in a care related subject/willingness to work towards NVQ 3
- Current UK/EU driving license
- Previous experience in a support role, preferably with young people with Learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Skills and experience in dealing with challenging behaviour, using appropriate de-escalation techniques
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of OFSTED and the National Minimum Standards
- Aged 21 or over
- Career help – will be put on courses (level 3/5)
- Yearly bonuses (dependance on performance)
- Pension scheme
- Annual leave 28 days
Closing date: 23rd November
Contact: Ismail at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.