Residential Children’s Support Worker
Are you looking for a long term rewarding career?
We have an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual who is flexible and has a desire to make a difference to help young people develop skills to support and fulfil their life’s ambitions. My client offers an excellent training programme with development and support, excellent rates of pay and attractive benefits including discounted gym memberships and high street retailers, free meals whilst at work and a company pension scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attending young people’s meetings and contributing to them
• Driving company vehicles
• Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
• Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
• Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding
• Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
• Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
• Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
• Providing support for young people in their education and extra-curricular activities
• Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
• Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
• Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
• Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
• Aged 21 or over
• Full driving licence with access to own transport
• Able to work on a shift pattern which includes sleep-ins
• NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People
• Experience of working within a residential environment
• Experience of working with young people that have social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
Closing date: ASAP
Interview: To be arranged as soon as possible
Contact: Neha Donohoe at Job paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.