Firmware Engineer / Software Engineer / C / C++
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Established over 30 years ago, the company, based in Co. Durham, England is a market leader in the field of electrical test instrumentation.
They provide total test solutions to enable companies and organisations to comply with the demands of all types of legislation and covering a wide range of international standards for the manufacturing, medical, 17th edition and safety testing industries.
The company is currently looking to recruit a Firmware Engineer to join their team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Willing to learn new skills
- Minimum 2 years of C/C++ programming experience on embedded platforms (RTOS, QT, Microchip, Arm, etc.)
- Knowledge of embedded software design and low level hardware control
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- The ability to understand electronic schematic diagrams
- Familiar with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc)
- Linux Experience
- C# and IoT programming experience (Azure, REST API, etc.)
- Knowledge of Mobile design platforms (iOS and Android)
- The successful candidate will get an opportunity to work alongside a talented team of engineers to develop a range of challenging engineering solutions
- Working closely with product teams to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Assisting the creation and communication of feasible project plans
- Assisting the preparation of design review
- Responsible for producing design and test documentation
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.