We have a new opportunity for a Stores Assistant to join our skilled and knowledgeable team.
You will work on a 7 week rota system which assigns individuals to specific stores tasks for a week at a time and you will be trained across all of these tasks.
Our main areas of responsibility is to process deliveries for our customers through Goods in a timely fashion and to provide portering services to support the scientific community and other service departments.
- Process consumables on behalf of Genome Research Limited (GRL)
- Provide inventory held lab consumables for products that are high value, high usage and critical to pipeline teams
- Provide a daily portering service whereby all deliveries and requests for inventory are dropped at their delivery points in line with our same day, next day service level
- To respond and resolve delivery queries and emails in a timely manner
- To provide excellent customer service and logistical support to our customers
We operates a counter service 5 days a week; we provide a shop front for customers to collect their perishable deliveries, samples, work related documents and personal deliveries. Customers can also make urgent requests of stocked products, product or order enquiries at the counter during our opening times.
- You will ensure that our service levels are maintained to the highest standard and covered at all times.
- adhere to health and safety requirements and following standard operating procedures to provide an effective high quality customer focused stores service to agreed operating standards.
On the job training and support will be provided by an allocated mentor within the team.
- Good passes at GCSE/O level English and Maths
- Previous experience in Goods in and good housekeeping practices
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills (can operate accounts package and database accurately)
- Full UK driving licence (in order to transport consumables and equipment to and from satellite buildings on Campus)
- Fork lift licence holder
- Able to plan and carry own work out independently
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We will consider all applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We are open to a range of UK-based flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.
Closing Date: 2nd December, 2018