Our client is currently seeking a HR Manager, to take overall responsibility for a newly created position as a standalone HR Manager responsible for developing HR procedures, policies by building strong relationships within the business to ensure a deep understanding of business operations and to support achievement of their companies strategic objectives, whilst working closely with the Employment Solicitors and reporting directly to the directors.
Advantages/Benefits working with the lient
- Excellent rates of pay with attractive benefits to employees
- Discounted Gym memberships, access to discounts across many Cinemas, Restaurants, High Street Retailers and National Stores/Outlets.
- Excellent Training program and opportunity to develop your rewarding long term career within our organisation.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Health Insurance (optional)
This HR Manager role will involve
- Providing expert advice and support on all employment and workforce matters ensuring compliance on legislative and regulatory matters.
- Drive the creation and delivery of employee engagement plans, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and deliver improvements in engagement.
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR, maintaining data protection policies, raising awareness, ensuring staff training is completed, and carrying out routine audits.
- Manage the employee life cycle ensuring that the process for starters, leavers and changes are managed, recorded and communicated with all relevant managers and departments.
- experience to deal with a wide range of HR issues including performance management, disciplinary and grievance, Employee Relations etc.
- Working with appropriate Line Managers in the administration of all staff probations, appraisals and review meetings, supporting and coaching as required.
- Manage and maintain absence and sickness records and reporting for all employees, initiating medical capability processes where appropriate to support colleagues.
- Manage the company benefits package, assisting with the negotiation and being a point of contact for queries
- Identify training needs, skill shortages at a functional level and recommend, develop, schedule and deliver training and development courses.
- Manage all HR documentation including the Company Handbook, updating and reviewing regularly to meet the needs of the Company and to ensure compliance in line with legislation.
- Provide day to day advice to Line Managers and employees as required on all general HR related queries, taking a leading role as and when required.
- Provide workforce information and HR reporting as required by senior management.
- Any other tasks as required by the Directors and Senior Management team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a CIPD qualification or equivalent.
- At least 2 years previous experience in an HR / HR manager role
- Strong HR generalist with excellent employment law knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice HR.
- Experience in a standalone role would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team. Confident and with the ability to interact with other members of the team as well as senior management
- Positive, motivated and enthusiastic approach