Solutions Developer / Lead Web Developer / Software Engineer
Job Title: Solutions Developer
Location: Middlesbrough, TS1 5JU
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Established as a family run business in 1924, the Company has grown to be one of the largest independent retailers in the UK with 32 stores and 7 Concessions.
Due to a notable expansion they are now recruiting for a Solutions Developer to sit within the growing Technology department.
The role is designed to provide all areas of the business with both software development expertise and technical acumen in order to deliver projects, tackle technical challenges and to provide support to the wide range of existing applications current in use.
A key element to the role is to provide front-end development resource to the e-commerce department, therefore a strong background in HTML, CSS and Jquery is essential.
The Solutions Developer will work closely with the Development Lead to deliver solutions which will benefit customers, as well as developing and managing solutions aimed at streamlining the organisation as it become more efficient.
There are a number of large initiatives in the pipeline for the group and additional technical resource is required in order to deliver the projects, whilst also allowing the business to become more self-sufficient from a software development perspective.
- Requirement gathering, producing specification and estimates
- Performing software development and design
- Work with the Development Lead in delivering project of varying size and complexity
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure solutions are document, tested and meet stated requirements
- Contribute to software quality standard, best practice and continuous improvement of our software projects
- Maintains professional knowledge by continuous personal development
- Provide ongoing support for existing software applications
- HTML frameworks, e. bootstrap
- Object-oriented programming
- SQL knowledge & Database design
- PHP (desirable)
- Modern Frameworks e. Angular, VueJS, Typescript (desirable)
- Knowledge of Version control e. Git (desirable)
Other preferred skills / experience:
- Experience in ecommerce
- Experience with the Visualsoft e-commerce platform
- Experience with the Monetate CMS
- Well organised
- Good communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible working
- New Mac or laptop & PC
- Bonus scheme
- Relaxed working environment
- Modern office space
- Commitment to continuous development
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.