Business Development Manager (Part Time)
This role is fixed term until 31st October 2019 with the opportunity to extend thereafter and is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Based at Cornwall College, Camborne, in the Unlocking Potential offices, we are looking for an experienced business development specialist to support businesses in Cornwall to fulfil their innovation and growth potential. The role will involve using a range of business development tools to help businesses identify how they could do things differently, be more efficient, develop new products and services, and/or collaborate with other organisations whilst ensuring that the targets of the exciting Future Focus programme are met. In addition to supporting business leaders into our exciting Future Focus events with top brand speakers followed up with insightful workshops, called Labs, you will work with businesses to help them to develop their innovation growth plans and support them with a range of technical and innovative, collaborative, physical and human resource solutions.
Applicants must have:
* A relevant Degree or equivalent.
* Industry relevant business-to-business work experience at a management level
* An understanding of business management, growth and development particularly in relation to growth and innovation in SME's
* Understanding and experience of working with Start Up businesses
* Specialist or general experience of supporting businesses E.g. Accessing Finance, Marketing, Business Structures, Business Planning
* Understanding of the local business and commercial landscape
* Experience of establishing the support needs of a business
* Demonstration of success in goal-orientated project management
* Target driven and results orientated
* Recruitment experience
* Negotiating and Influencing skills
* Partner and stakeholder management
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook / PowerPoint/Microsoft Dynamics
Please see the full job description for a complete set of requirements.
Unlocking Potential has the enviable reputation of successfully delivering high-quality services through a team of enthusiastic, dedicated staff who work hard to unlock the potential of people and business. Our people are our most important asset, so to join our dynamic, hardworking, passionate and friendly team, you will need to demonstrate that you are approachable, client focussed and a team player. You will be someone who thrives on change, loves a challenge, respects others and truly takes pride in doing your best. Whoever joins us will need to live and breathe our organisational values of Can do, Receptive, Enthusiastic, Authentic, Team Spirited and Empowering.
The full job description can be found on the Cornwall College jobs portal.
If you require further information please call Becks Polson on 07827 867043.