Court Usher - Band F
Our client located in Carlisle, is seeking a Court Usher to ensure the smooth running of the courts & assist with daily administrative tasks. This is a full-time role covering Monday-Friday for 37 hours each week.
This is a role which requires great customer service skills along with admin duties where needed. You will be an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings as an Usher whilst providing excellent general administrative support to the various teams within HMCTS.
There will be regular contact with the judiciary, assisting the administrative staff with the smooth flow of court work. You will meet members of the public and their legal representatives; prepare court/hearing rooms, and complete documentation, as well as ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently.
Example of work performed will include but not limited to:
- The filling of water bottles and ensure clean glasses are available
- The provision of paper for Adjudicator etc
- Wash and tidy away glasses at the end of the court sitting
- Liaise with Adjudicator and Court Section
- Obtain names of all parties and complete front sheets with court results
- Swear in witnesses as appropriate
- Photocopy any documents required by the court
- Provide assistance in the post room or elsewhere in the office as and when required
- Must be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remains clam, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Is aware of customer needs and is polite and efficient in dealing with these
- Passes on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Works effectively with others irrespective of differences
- Tackles unacceptable behaviour in a constructive way
- Is approachable, non-judgmental, honest and respects confidences in dealing with others
- Treats all colleagues fairly and is sensitive to their needs as individuals
Apply for Court Usher - Band F
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly