IT Support Technician (1st Line)
IT Support Technician (1st Line)
Are you a proactive individual looking for an opportunity to build your career within a large established organisation? If so, you may be the IT Support Technician we’re looking for.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
We are Fowler Welch - a leading logistics provider, delivering a range of products and services to retailers and wholesalers across the nation. We achieve this by every employee playing an important role to ensure all our customers get the very best from the business.
As the 2018 Grocer Gold Awards Logistics Supplier of the Year, Fowler Welch has a simple vision for the future: we want to continue to be a supplier-of-choice for fast-moving consumer goods among major manufacturers and retailers.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
This is a great opportunity to start, or build your career in IT. Joining a fast-paced, yet friendly environment, you will be supporting the day to day activities of the IT Infrastructure Co-ordinator, ensuring helpdesk activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner. You will also provide efficient administrative support to the IT department, ensuring it fulfils the delivery of a seamless and effective operational service to all areas of the business.
- Liaise with the FW IT team, DART Group and Jet2 Infrastructure teams, and key 3rd party suppliers to ensure IT helpdesk tickets are actioned in a timely fashion and any decisions/issues are escalated and actioned
- Set up, configure and deploy IT equipment (e.g. laptops, PCs, phones, terminals, printers, etc.)
- Maintain master data across all systems
- Assist with the purchasing of IT equipment including getting competitive quotes and ordering
- Manage stock of IT spares and supplies as required to provide a smooth service
- Complete audits of existing IT equipment and maintain a process of periodic checking
- Provide basic IT training/advice to users as required on how to get the most of standard systems, such as Office365
- Identify areas of recurring issues with processes and/or support and make recommendations/develop solutions that improve the service to users
- Document processes and support any audits undertaken
WHAT DO I NEED?
To join us as an IT Support Technician (1st Line), you’ll need:
- Previous IT support experience
- Strong Microsoft server skills in a business environment
- Effective troubleshooting/workload/time-management skills and a great customer service approach
- Good written and verbal communication skills
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits that are exclusive to Fowler Welch staff and focus on your wellbeing. Some of these benefits can be taken advantage of from the first day you join us.
Here are just a few of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Life insurance and GP helpline
- Health cash plan
- A range of discount schemes, including gym memberships, discounts with major retailers, travel insurance
Other companies may call this role Technical Support Advisor, IT Support Analyst, 1st Line Support Engineer, Technical Support Analyst, IT Infrastructure Technician or IT Infrastructure Analyst.
So, if you’re looking to take on a rewarding role as an IT Support Technician (1st Line), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.