Finance Administration Assistant
Based between Ashbourne and Leek, we are a small, thriving, family run company, servicing commercial swimming pools across the UK.
The post is for 15 hours a week (Monday to Friday afternoons) and will start as soon as possible in January 2019.
The successful applicant will assist with all aspects of the Company’s administrative and financial tasks. Basic IT skills required. Previous experience of accounts software an advantage but not essential.
The post is subject to a satisfactory ‘Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check’ under the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’.
Pool Sentry Ltd (the Company) provides supply of goods, installation of equipment, service and repairs, training and technical support to the leisure industry.
The Finance/Administration Assistant is required to work alongside the Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Company’s administrative and financial procedures. Basic numeracy and literacy skills are essential. A knowledge of computerised accounting procedures will be required, as will a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, although some training can be given. The Finance/Administration Assistant, being the initial office based contact with the Company, is required to behave in a manner that will enhance the reputation and standing of the Company. Good inter-personal skills are therefore essential.
- Prepare weekly timetables for engineers as required
- Make hotel bookings for staff working away from home
- Assist with day-to-day management of computerised accounting and administrative records
- Prepare invoices and statements for customers, monitor and follow up any payment arrears
- Process supplier invoices for payment
- Process verified staff expenses for payment
- Order goods from suppliers as directed
- Process service reports
- Update Company price lists and distribute as required
- Renew tax discs for Company vehicles
- Ensure that MOTs are carried out on Company vehicles
- Open incoming post and sort
- Ensure outgoing post is ready for collection
- General receptionist/switchboard duties
- Ensure that all Company administrative procedures are followed, as directed by the management
- Maintain an acceptable code of conduct with respect to appearance and customer relations.
- Carry out other duties appropriate for an administration assistant as directed by the management
- The Administration Assistant will receive appropriate training in all areas required to discharge the duties described above.
- Where formal training courses are available, these will be used but much of the training will be ‘on the job’.
Pre-requisites of employment:
- A valid driving licence
- A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Additionally you will be expected to:
- Ensure that any vehicle used in connection with company business is roadworthy at all times.
- Be responsible for any fines for motoring offences incurred while on Company business.