Civil Engineering Technician
Job Title: Civil Engineering Technician
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
ABP have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineering specialist (Technical Assistant) to support the Engineering Project Department to effectively deliver construction and technical services across our busy ports. This role forms part of a small team that is responsible for the delivery of contracted maintenance works, new construction works (including managing third party contractors), development of scheme proposals and providing technical support to the regional team in supporting the company’s ongoing five-year plan.
We are looking for somebody with:
- HNC in Building, Civil Engineering or Construction (or equivalent).
- Experience of current AutoCAD drawing packages to produce engineering drawings.
- Team focussed with a flexible approach to working hours and weekend working.
- Based in Hull but willing to travel occasionally as required to Ports within the Humber region (Hull, Goole, Grimsby & Immingham).
- PC Literate with experience in Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills and team working skills
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willing to travel to undergo training as required.
- Degree in Building, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Construction.
- NEBOSH construction certificate.
- An awareness of H&S and Environmental considerations for engineering projects.
- An awareness and understanding of ABP procedures and policies associated with project management of contractors.
- An enthusiastic and confident nature.
- Prepare technical drawings using the latest AutoCAD software
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of contractual documents predominantly utilizing ICC conditions of contract.
- Effectively supervise Contractors on site with respect to health and safety, performance and quality issues.
- Prepare Schedule of prices and Specifications.
- Ensure requirements under the Project Management Procedures (PMPs) are achieved.
- Assist in the budgetary control of Contracts.
- Accurately carry out land surveying tasks using GPS technology.
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero-tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.