IN-HOUSE EDUCATION PSYCHOLOGIST
IN-HOUSE EDUCATION PSYCHOLOGIST (PART-TIME/FLEXIBLE)
£38,500 - £45,000
START DATE; JANUARY 2019 (FLEXIBLE)
Our Lady’s RC High School is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated educational psychologist to fill a part-time role supporting SEND pupils within a thriving and inclusive North Manchester secondary school. Previous experience in an educational setting is desirable but not a pre-requisite.
Our Lady’s RC High School is a long-established North Manchester school that provides education and support to children in a variety of contexts. We believe everybody deserves an equal chance in life and education is key to this. There are no exceptions. We provide a wide range of support services that allow the inclusion of SEND and EHCP pupils into a mainstream environment, providing them with better life chances through the support and development of their social and academic skills. We would like to continue this further through the appointment of an Educational Psychologist.
Responsibilities of the Educational Psychologist:
- To work as a member of the SEND team within the school support and develop the social and emotional needs and to raise the educational attainment of all children
- To provide a psychological service, working as a support and liaison to children and families, other schools and other institutions.
- Carry out delegated responsibilities on behalf of the Headteacher of the school as the need and priority arises.
- To advise the SENCO on strategies and interventions to enable pupils to progress both socially and academically.
- To contribute to staff CPD – advising on educational barriers and strategies to promote progress in the classroom.
- To work directly with pupils in a small group or one to one context.
Requirements of the psychologist:
- HCPC registration as a psychologist
- Experience of working within a similar role, either in one school or as a centrally deployed resource.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school to witness our vibrant and diverse community.
On behalf of our students, thank you for your interest in our school.
Closing date: 9.00am on Friday 16th November
Interviews are anticipated for: Week beginning Monday 19th November