NYAS is a leading children’s charity providing advocacy services for children and young people from 0-25, across England and Wales for over 30 years. Our work helps make a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable children and young people when they are in desperate need of help.
We are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join our legal team in Birkenhead. In this role you will assist with the conduct of legal proceedings on behalf of children and young people represented by NYAS.
- Using case management systems to keep accurate records
- Assisting the solicitor/legal director with legal advice and representation
- Attending the court with Counsel and meeting with parents and children
- Preparing instructions for Counsel, caseworkers and experts from case papers
- Working within agreed performance targets from the Legal Director and CEO
You will need:
- Ability to work using your own initiative
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good level of education – a degree is desirable
- Excellent communication skills & a professional telephone manner
- Commitment to the independent representation of children and young people
Interview date: Wednesday 28th November
Hours: up to 35 hours per week, part time hours considered
To comply with NYAS’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
NYAS is an equal opportunities employer.