£15,770 - £18,675 pro rata
Permanent, 24 hours per week across a 7 day week
Queenscourt Hospice, a local charity providing specialist and supportive palliative care services for people of Southport, Formby and West Lancashire. Our philosophy of care is ‘life is for living’ and that quality of life is paramount for those whose life may be shorter than otherwise expected.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced, professional Cook to join our Catering Team. The emphasis at Queenscourt is on ‘nourishing the whole person’.
Ideally you will have previous experience of preparing, cooking and serving nutritional meals of a high standard to patients and staff. The ability to speak with patients about their individual requirements and working with the Clinical teams to ensure that patient’s nutritional requirements are provided for is essential.
Bank positions also available
£8.06 per hour
With experience of working within a catering team, you will be working alongside our Cooks mainly covering for periods of holiday and sickness and will involve both weekday and weekend working. There are no minimum weekly hours, but we are also looking to recruit Cooks who can be called on, sometimes at short notice, to help maintain our high quality catering service.
Full induction and training will be given for both positions.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Sunday, 18th November 2018
- We support NHS pension scheme for those with eligibility
- Working in a modern, bright and welcoming environment
- Free on-site parking and subsidised meals
- Staff receive excellent support and supervision from our clinical management team
- We mirror the NHS Agenda for Change payscales and previous NHS service will be honoured in respect of pay
- Excellent training and development opportunities, including support to undertake professional qualifications for academic study