Senior Customer Service Coordinator
I am recruiting for a Senior Customer Service Coordinator to work for an extremely well known, reputable and invaluable palliative care hospice charity who are based in Solihull; this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a role where your help and support makes a real difference to people's lives and my client is offering an attractive salary of £19422 per annum
If you are looking for a role where you get a real sense of achievement then this Senior Coordinator position is for you. You will be responsible for the planning, organising and coordination of care for the charity's patients; this will include liaising directly with patients, families, volunteers, nurses and hospices.
You will be in control of ensuring that care is arranged for the patients and the whole process is planned from initial requests right through to the care being provided. You will be of an empathetic and caring nature with the ability to prioritise and multi-task. As the team grows there may be the opportunity to take on some more managerial duties such as leading a team of coordinators, managing the rota and staff performance etc if this is a progression you would like.
This position will be working between the hours of 8am - 10pm (7 hours a day), 5 out of 7 days including weekends and bank holidays on a shift basis which is planned 4 weeks in advance.
You will be working for a long standing, well known and established charity that operate on a national level and offer in home and hospice care and support to people with a terminal illness and their families. You will be joining a new team of circa 6 members who will be coordinating the care for the Central, Eastern and London region.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- A mixture of administrative and customer service duties
- Answer telephone enquiries from the general public and health professionals, dealing sensitively with distressed callers, seeking advice from senior colleagues where necessary
- Responsible for leading and supporting the co-ordination and booking of the care for Nursing Services, Hospice and Helper services as required
- Liaise with Hospice Staff, Nurses and volunteers, District Nurses and their Managers, patients' and patients' families and carers, ensuring the care and support is booked as required
- Finalise care arrangements by liaising via the telephone with colleagues in the NHS and other service providers and double checking that everything is in order on the day following the start of the care package
- Ensure Communication with patients and families with regards to the provision of care, issues and concerns are maintained and all parties are up to date.
- Co-ordination for new and existing patients, including preparation, communication to families and the input of care details to the clients systems
- Undertaking general administration of the computer system, to ensure that accurate computer records are maintained for referrals, nurse allocation, cancellations, packages of care and financial data
- Co-ordination of last minute changes advised by the Clinical Nurse Manager and Senior Nurse
- Deal with the investigation of complaints and issues as and when required
- Prepare weekly operational statistics to support KPI's (ability to read and analyse basic system data)
- Ensure that all administrative activities are adhered to with particular attention to timeframes and deadlines.
- There may be the opportunity to take on more managerial duties such as the line management of the Co-ordinators including, sickness management, planning of shift rotas and identifying potential team/individual training needs
- Flexible with working hours
- Experienced within administration and customer service
- Previous experience of planning, organising and coordinating workload would be ideal
- A customer focussed individual with the ability to build a quick rapport/relationship over the phone with various different people/professions
- Clear and concise verbal communication techniques
- Exceptional listening skills & telephone communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Must be a genuine, conscientious, patient and ethical in nature
- Be able to show empathy on phone
- Adaptable approach to meet client needs (e. Sensitivity, patience, friendliness, empathy and efficiency)
- Attention to detail and strong data inputting skills
5 out of 7 days between the hours of 8am and 10pm (7 hours a day), this will include weekends and bank holidays and is on a rota basis
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY YOU IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE OPEN TO WORKING FLEXIBLE SHIFTS ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £19422 annual salary
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays*
- Subsidised canteen
- Modern and friendly working environment
- Car parking
- Progression opportunities
*This position will require bank holiday working, if you work a bank holiday, you will receive the day in lieu at another time.
Please send your CV and call Melissa or Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***