Ocean Imports Operative
We are recruiting for an experienced Ocean Import Operations Clerk; this is a great opportunity to work for a freight forwarding company based in Solihull who offer a family feel environment with great career prospects.
- A full UK driving license with your own car
- A minimum of 5 years import experience in via sea freight forwarding
- Experience of air importing would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of booking and planning of transport
- Knowledge of customs clearance checks/documentation
- Good verbal and written communication
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
Ocean Import Operations Clerk role
Working as an Ocean Import Operations Clerk for a multimodal global freight forwarding business you will be responsible for the full process, from start to finish of the logistics of importing goods via ocean. This will include the booking/planning of transport, quoting and invoicing to clients, the completion of all documentation and customs clearance and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated; ideally along with ocean experience you will have some knowledge of importing goods via air too.
Duties will include
- Effectively manage all procedures involved with ocean imports
- Arrange haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
- Negotiate and agree charges for all types of shipments, which may include containers (FCL/LCL & out of gauge), refrigerated units, ISO tanks and hazardous cargo. Preparing bookings ready for shipment including generating import documents
- Liaising with suppliers, including shipping lines, airlines and transport operators
- Ensure the accurate preparation and processing of customs entries
- Track shipments and update & support clients in the shipment process
- Deal with customer service enquiries and queries
- Generate leads and grow the existing client base
- £25,000-27,000 salary per annum depending on experience
- Opportunity to earn bonus (not guaranteed)
- Starting holiday 20 days per annum + Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme 7%
- Death in service
- Workplace Nursery Provision
Please apply for this role below.