Senior Development Chef
Are you creative, energetic, ambitious and want to work with an exciting, innovative like-minded team?
Fed up of working long kitchen hours?
We are looking for a senior executive chef, who is passionate for product and produce alike and can cost, create and deliver exciting briefs and concepts.
We are a well-established producer and supplier of premium recipe dishes to both the retail and foodservice sector. Operating from our Dorset production site and operating in the chilled sector we also have an established and growing ambient business. Under its current ownership since 2012, the business has an aggressive growth agenda and has been investing in commercial and product development to deliver this. As part of our commitment to continuously improving operating standards and following recent new business gains we are looking to further strengthen our product development team.
This is a highly creative role requiring the development and creation of new recipes and food concepts to excite and expand the portfolios of both private label customers and our own branded ambitions. In some instances, working to tightly defined customer briefs, in other instances you will be given an open blue-sky mandate. In either event you will bring a high degree of commercial awareness alongside an unbridled passion for great food. You will be an integral part of the development team reporting to the Head of Development.
- The ability to interpret consumer market trends to use in the application of product development and the ability to negotiate at a senior level.
- Take the culinary lead on projects, adhering to the NPD gate process. Support the Head of NPD with the NPD and Process Teams to ensure projects are completed on time and to the client’s brief which can translate into a factory processing.
- Developing, costing and managing new recipes.
- Responsible for driving efficiencies and cost savings through the product development and supply chain processes.
- Creating delicious concepts and translating them into factory successes. Manage NPD site team and development kitchen, managing a number of product briefs, revitalising existing ranges and developing new products that will impress and amaze the customers.
- Managing costings, organising internal and external presentations, carrying out competitor reviews and liaising with ingredients suppliers.
- Experimenting with food with to create exciting first to market products and identifying opportunity areas.
Ideal candidates will have been classically trained in a restaurant environment and could currently be working in a role as development chef, sous chef, chef de partie or saucier. Alternatively, a strong background as a development chef in a chilled food manufacturing environment would be suitable. Our specialism is in soups, sauces and stocks and particular weight will be given to candidates with strong experience in this area.
Our customers are at the culinary top end of mainstream retail and foodservice and you must be comfortable working at this level. We are looking for a creative individual with a deep-rooted passion for food from all over the world and an excellent knowledge of flavours and ingredients.