Business Development Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a Business Development Officer to join a team in the Education Sector.
- Experience of working in a technology transfer environment, and working with business and professional support organisations/agencies
- Experience of bid writing and developing and authoring business plans
- Marketing of services involving the delivery of University expertise to industry.
- Experience of managing staff and student projects within industry
- Experience of managing multi-partner projects
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strategic marketing planning skills
- Negotiation skills and an ability to influence
- A working knowledge of appropriate technology transfer policy in relation to Higher Education
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal/external partners
- Ability to prepare and present commercial proposals and reports
Business Development Officer duties
- Support the Industrial Partnerships Manager in developing and maintaining, with department and College staff, a Knowledge Exchange and partnerships strategy to target SMEs, corporates, public and third sector organisations (as appropriate).
- Take the lead, working closely with the wider Research and Income Generation Support team and College based Business Development Managers, in promotion and development of KE funding proposals.
- Support meetings and other internal and external events and influence staff and stakeholders to engage in bidding activity.
- Establish relationships with University academics, within University departments and Colleges and with employers and the business community leading to an increase in secured income for KTP, Collaborative R&D and other KE projects.
- Deliver and report on agreed key performance indicators to the Industrial Partnerships Manager.
- Support the delivery of our regional ESIF Innovation programme and ensure effective data capture collation of evidence such as timesheets
- Delivery of a regular series of business engagement events in collaboration with college based BDMs and Business development Officers to raise awareness of mechanisms to engage with the university, access expertise and funding support available.
Hours: Full time, Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm, Fridays 8am - 4pm.
This position is predominantly based in Lincoln but some travel would be required
Please apply below.
Apply for Business Development Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly