Multi Skilled Trades Operative
Multi Skilled Trades Operative
SALARY: Starting at £24,267 with annual increments to £25,463 plus an optional Call out Allowance, up to a maximum of circa £2,500 based on a rota
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full- Time 37 Hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Monday 12th November 2018
Competitive salaries subject to an incremental salary scheme reviewed annually.
Family Maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption benefits are available as well as child care vouchers.
The LGPS is one of the most generous pension schemes in the UK. The LGPS is a salary-related, defined benefit scheme and will not be affected by stock market changes or performance of investments.
Key benefits include:-
- A secure pension
- Flexibility to pay more or less contributions
- Tax efficient now and in the future
- Peace of mind; Your family enjoys financial security, with a lump sum death grant of three times your assumed pensionable pay and a pension for your spouse, civil partner or eligible cohabiting partner and eligible children in the event of your death in service.
- Holidays Colleagues enjoy 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Annual leave rises to 29 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service.
Social Benefits It’s not just about work at CBH… we have a whole host of social activities going on throughout the year:
- Annual ‘fun’ conference
- Team away days
- Annual Christmas Party
- Annual Colleague BBQ
- Support a new local charity each year
- Get heavily involved in Hamper Scamper Professional Development
There is an opportunity for plenty of internal and external training to support Colleagues in their role. There is also access to a state of the art e-learning system available to all. Each colleague has an annual personal performance and development review and is offered support with apprenticeships and further professional development.
Wellbeing and Lifestyle Benefits
We have a fantastic health care cash plan where you can claim the money back for everyday health essentials like dental check-ups, fillings, physiotherapy, eye tests, glasses and much more up to annual limits.
In addition all Colleagues have access to an Employment Assistance Programme which offers FREE 24/7 advice and support. CBH has a flexible approach to working operating a ‘flexi-time’ scheme offering colleagues the chance to shape their working week and create a better work life balance. CBH colleagues are eligible for local government discounts including travel, gym, leisure, food & drink and health and beauty.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To work with the Repairs Supervisors and Logistics Co-ordinator to provide an effective and efficient multi trade repair, maintenance and replacement service to enable the delivery of Responsive Repairs.
- Support the aims and objectives of CBH
- To undertake on a day to day basis multi trade repairs and maintenance on behalf of CBH at occupied and unoccupied homes
- Carryout effective repairs, maintenance and replacements to include but not limited to, ground works, waste clearance, bricklaying, wall tiling, roofing repairs, gain entry and all general building works
- Have a good working knowledge, capability and understanding of carpentry to include but not limited to internal and external carpentry, window repairs, door repairs and replacements, lock changes and kitchen replacements
- Have a good working knowledge, capability and understanding of plumbing (excluding working on gas systems) to include but not limited to hot water cylinder replacement and installation of bathrooms
- Day to day responsibility for vehicles, plant and materials under the direction of Repairs Supervisors and the Logistics and Procurement Officer
- Assisting other tradespersons to complete Responsive Repairs as required
- Ability to remove and re-connect household appliances
- Ensuring the vehicle you are responsible for is kept clean, tidy, that any issues are promptly reported
- To effectively plan the days duties to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carryout duties ensuring the safety of the workforce, contractors, tenants, leaseholders and general public.
- To work with the rest of the team to continuously improve the Repairs service.
- To understand, report any concerns and assist in the delivery of CBH’s Safeguarding adults policy
- To understand, report any concerns and assist in delivering a tailored service to tenants with protected characteristics and vulnerabilities.
- To assist with other duties when multi trade work is unavailable as required to enable delivery of Responsive Repairs Essential:
- Demonstrable experience carrying out multi trade work
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- Awareness of the Asbestos Regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute effectively to the teamwork of the Section
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with the Repairs Manager and Repairs Team
- Ability to effectively use a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant)
- Clear understanding of the needs of customer care
- Ability to listen and understand information to translate into the work place task
- Accuracy in completing job details, ordering materials and confirming work completed on the PDA
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, tenants, leaseholders and members of the public
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate a mature ability to undertake a diverse range of tasks
- Ability to recognise concerns as part of Safeguarding children and safeguarding adults and report these promptly to the Repairs team
- Contribute effectively to team meetings, through 1-2-1 discussions and the annual appraisal process • Willingness to work inside or outside
- Ability to remove and re-connect household appliances • Ability to work safely from a ladder
- Working in confined spaces (loft areas)
- Manual handling experience
- Awareness of safe loading of vehicles
- Awareness of van roadworthiness
- Current Full driving licence
- Competency driving van sized vehicles in a town environment Desirable
- Experience of working in a Social Housing environment
- Awareness of the risks of sharps within the working environment
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours in the event of an emergency
- Willingness to undertake further training to support the Responsive Repairs Service
- Current CSCS card
Please ensure your completed application reaches us by the closing date shown.